When and Where do We Meet?
The Mad Zymurgists meet every second Thursday of the month. Our current meeting place is Cattlemen’s Restaurant in Livermore, CA, which is located at 2882 Kitty Hawk Rd. just off interstate 580 at the Airway Blvd exit. Meetings are at 6:30pm beginning with a 30 minute social time to share homebrew and conversation.
Who are the Mad Zymurgists?
The Mad Zymurgists is a homebrew club founded in April of 2007, and holds monthly meetings in the Tri-Valley (outer East Bay) area of California. This club is intended for the advancement of homebrewed beers, ciders, and meads. We encourage the study and appreciation of fermentation science (Zymurgy).
But most of all we are a club of like-minded women and men passionate and excited about homebrewing. Our greatest joy is celebrating our wonderful hobby together as a club.
Our members are a mix of beginner, intermediate to advanced home brewers and professional brewers, and we welcome brewers of all levels of experience. Club members are typically quite generous in sharing their knowledge of various brewing techniques and their enthusiasm for the craft. A typical meeting consists of a social hour, club business and announcements, and often discussion of specific brewing techniques. Guests are always welcome and we encourage potential new members to get on our email list and Yahoo Group. Some meetings feature a guest speakers, and/or a club member presenting on a topic of interest. We also discuss and assist members on evaluating beers for entry into the many area homebrew competitions and events, and encourage participation in the great homebrew related events around our area, and around the country.
Additional goals and purposes of the club:
- Sharing ideas and enthusiasm for all things brewing related – from basic brewing to advanced brewing techniques.
- We are always interested in sharing knowledge about brewing related tips & tricks, holding brewing experiments, and exploring equipment.
- Participating in local and national homebrew competitions, and organizing competitions, including the Oaktoberfest homebrew competition.
- Serving as the organizing club for our area’s site for National Homebrew Competition regional judging.
- Educating members about the BJCP, beer styles, and judging. See www.bjcp.org.
- To participate in AHA sponsored events. See www.homebrewersassociation.com for info on the AHA.
- Regular attendees with a booth at the Northern California Homebrewers’ Festival, see www.nchfinfo.org.
- Exploring recipe formulation, cloning specific beers, and sharing recipes.
- We encourage members to brew with each other, and occasionally schedule brewing sessions to teach All-Grain brewing to extract-only brewers who want to advance their brewing.
- To organize fun activities, with occasional parties (holiday party in December), classes, brewery visits, club bus trips, presentations, tastings, etc.
- Our club encourages a healthy and responsible appreciation of homebrewed beverages!
The officers of the Mad Zymurgists homebrew club (President, VP, Secretary, & Treasurer) are responsible for running the club with member input. Officers are elected at the March meeting of each year, and new officers take their positions as of the April meeting.
|Vice President||Jon Koerberemail@example.com|
Members in good standing are eligible to vote; see our Club Charter document for complete details on officer positions, duties, and details about voting.